Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1995)

Subject: Forgeries...what's a guy to do?
From: Andy Banks <andy @ minuteman . com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 1995 18:52:01 -0500 (EST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I'm somewhat new to this mailing list, but have been lurking and noticing
a great deal of complaints about forged subscriptions. I'm also
relatively inexperienced as a system operator, but run several comic
book mailing lists from my own personal machine.  I also came up with a
little perl script so that people can subscribe from the Web.
Unfortunately, as comic books appeal to younger people, there are
instances where the 'Beavis & Butthead' type forge subscriptions. What
can be done to track down who does this and the responsible parties? Like
I said, I'm pretty inexperienced and could you use detailed explanations :)

Andy Banks                               Minuteman Press of Tysons

Indexed By Date Previous: Spam relief