Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1996)

Subject: E-mail to HTML
From: bill @ biome . bio . dfo . ca (Bill Silvert)
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 1996 14:48:51 -0400 (AST)
To: List-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I was away then this string appeared, but I use MHonArc at this site and
it does a fine job of turning a mail spool file into HTML.  I don't know
if my copy is current, but this and lots of other really great goodies
by Earl Hood are at
If MHonArc doesn't do exactly what you want, perhaps you will find
something else here that does.

Bill Silvert

>Date: Sun, 24 Dec 1995 13:54:30 -0500
>From: (Rowan Shirkie)
>Subject: E-mail to HTML
>Does anyone have any experience with the E-mail to HTML software that they
>could share?
>I want to create an HTML archive of my digests, and point WWW
>browser-surfers and new mailing list subscribers to it. I would use the WWW
>site to publish the mailing list "info" file and list policies as well,
>making it a sort of self-serve request processor.
>That way, I figure people with only a casual interest can come and go
>without churning subscriptions. New subscribers can avoid revisiting topics
>that have outlived their interest lifespan on the list itself.
>I have seen Hypermail. Does any one have experience with it? Or any other

Bill Silvert, Habitat Ecology Section, Habitat Science Division
Bedford Institute of Oceanography, P. O. Box 1006
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CANADA B2Y 4A2
HED runs a WWW server at URL=

Indexed By Date Previous: