Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1996)

Subject: Mailto: Rod Stewart ?
From: bourbeau @ kenmoto1 . iii . net (Ken Bourbeau)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 1996 23:27:59 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Cc: flash @ rochgte . fidonet . org (Elaine Naiman)

Certainly not very technical, certainly not very original, but I hope
effective.....

Ever since putting the "mailto:"; on the web pages for my lists, I've
received clueless email. Now I've removed the mailto from my main
pages and replaced them with a link to a page that explains the
function of a mailing list, the difference between administrative
addresses and list addresses, and "NO, you are NOT writing
to Rod Stewart by clicking here!!"    ;-)
At the bottom of the tutorial, are "mailto:"; commands.
Hope it works.

Best to ya from the Sticks o New Hampshire,
Kenny