Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(January 1996)

Subject: Re: Mailto: Rod Stewart ?
From: Al Gilman <asgilman @ access . digex . net>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 1996 00:39:58 -0500 (EST)
To: bourbeau @ kenmoto1 . iii . net (Ken Bourbeau)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, flash @ rochgte . fidonet . org

  From: (Ken Bourbeau)
  Ever since putting the "mailto:"; on the web pages for my lists, I've
  received clueless email. Now I've removed the mailto from my main
  pages and replaced them with a link to a page that explains the
  function of a mailing list, the difference between administrative
  addresses and list addresses, and "NO, you are NOT writing
  to Rod Stewart by clicking here!!"    ;-)
  At the bottom of the tutorial, are "mailto:"; commands.
  Hope it works.
Good.  I suspect you may need to instruct readers to make a bookmark
pointing to this sign-on/sign-off page before offering them a sign-on
mailto:, to make this approach mostly successful.

c.f. this .sig that I have composed but failed to get implemented on

>>-- This message is coming to you from the Lynx-dev discussion list. --<< --for info            --for list administration
>>--  UNSUB LYNX-DEV gets you off the list, HELP gets instructions.   --<<

The page you get to by the "for info" reference contains fully spelled
commands but not clickable subscribe/unsubscribe actions.

Indexed By Date Previous: Mailto: Rod Stewart ?