Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(February 1996)

Subject: Re: majordomo and trapping spam versus Listserv.
From: Eric Thomas <ERIC @ VM . SE . LSOFT . COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 1996 19:45:33 EST
To: Diane Barlow Close <close @ lunch . engr . sgi . com>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On   Mon,  5   Feb  1996   16:23:28  -0800   (PST)  Diane   Barlow  Close
<close@lunch.engr.sgi.com> said:

>My husband  (one of the  "official" majordomo "enhancers") has  hacked a
>similar thing into our version of  majordomo -- it simply catches things
>sent "To:"  too many places/addresses.  Is that  more like what  you are
>talking about with Listserv?

No, only idiots  send spams with "To:" fields listing  hundreds of lists.
You can't rely  on the fact that  all spammers are idiots;  the Spam King
and others certainly knew better :-)

  Eric

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: majordomo and trapping spam versus Listserv.