From: Oliver Garfield <oliver @ panix . com>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 1996 02:39:14 -0500 (EST)
To: Stephanie da Silva <arielle @ taronga . com>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, oliver @ panix . com

While extended material from a subscriber about commercial material they
are offering made become abusive I think there should be some format for
brief announcementa of new products or services that might be useful to
the list subscribers. The announcement you forwarded to the list, IMHO,
falls in this category. I had some difficulty in learning how to compose
homepages but resolved the matte by buying an excellent text and manual
the "Webpage Construction Kit" published by Sams net which is available
in at most software stores or sources. This included both a software
disc, a manual, and a 400 page text "Teach Yourself Web Publishing with
HTMLin a Week. It costs $25 and can be order directly from the publisher
at 1-800-428-5331.

I have no connection with the publisher but provide this information as
an enthusiastic user. I was up and going in a few hours and subsequently
signed on with one of the firms they recommend who maintain home pages
and mailing lists (exploders not listservs) at extreme low rates (30 per
month) for small business including 10 meg of storage and 200 megabytes
of transmission a month. For more information about Webcom e-mail
info@webcom.com.

So while I think the firm offering services should be allowed brief
access to this list, IMHO, I think there is perhaps a better alternative
as I have mentioned.

*Oliver Garfield			email: oliver@panix.com       *
*World Health Foundation		phone: 212-877-4230           *
*125 Riverside Drive						      *
*New York, NY 10024						      *