From: scs @ lokkur . dexter . mi . us (Steve Simmons)
Date: 18 Mar 1996 13:23:10 -0500
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Newsgroups: local.list-managers

Wes Morgan <morgan@engr.uky.edu> in response to my saying:

>>Can't do this without changing the standard first -- this is a defined
>>feature of SMTP-based mail systems.  Probably hopeless.

>This is true, but...

>Nothing stops you from refusing SMTP connections from domains which
>harbor spammers [ other good comments removed ]

True but irrelevant.  You can do this without modifying SMTP or
sendmail.  Simply grab one of the rule-based SMTP proxies such as
that which comes with socks or the TIS firewall kit, and install it
in front of sendmail.
--
   "Hi, this is Chuck and your call means a lot to me.  If I should return
while I'm gone, please detain me until I get back."  BEEP!