Subject: Re: AOL and mangled messages
From: jeffw @ triple-i . com (Jeff Wasilko)
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 08:19:08 -0800 (PST)
To: klong @ spiralnet . com
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM, majordomo-users @ GreatCircle . COM

Siberia writes:

> This is *not* a Majordomo problem.  It is a confirmed AOL problem
> that has been happening for quite some time (several weeks to a
> month, maybe).  The last that I heard from AOL was that it was a
> problem with a particular gateway machine and that it was supposed to
> be fixed last week.  I believe it has been fixed as I used to see
> atleast one or two mangled messages per day.  The date on your sample
> message is March 16th which was prior to the fix.

Thanks for the info...I checked the archives, and I didn't see
the problem after Mar 20 or so, and I too was seeing it 2 or 3
times a day.

I could not believe that it was a majordomo problem because I was
making copies of the messages before they ever hit majordomo....

Thanks!

-Jeff

--
Jeff Wasilko, Systems Representative       Autologic Information International
Pager: +1 800 759 8888 pin 507-9658