Subject: Perl for Solaris
From: "Paul S. Bentivegna -- Technology Coodinator" <BENTIVEGNA @ LACA . OHIO . GOV>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 1996 14:04:47 -0400 (EDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Cc: BENTIVEGNA @ LACA . OHIO . GOV

List managers/masters:

Sorry if this is too long or too basic but I wanted to give as many facts as I
could.  Thanks in advance for all you help.

I am in the process of setting up a majordomo listserver.  I think that I have
everything but perl in place.  I have a base copy of perl ( just the executable
file ) that I found a while back.  I tried to send a message to my majordomo
1.93 server ...  echo help | sendmail -v majordomo  and I got the error:

Can't locate ctime.pl in @INC at /soft/majordomo/bin/majordomo line 53

and I found in one of the majordomo config/help files:

  If you get complaints about being unable to find "ctime.pl", then either
your version of perl is too old, or is not installed properly.

I got a copy of Perl 4.x and tried to compile it under Solaris 2.4 with gcc
but was unsuccessful.

Question 1:  Does anyone know where I can get a full binary version of Perl 4.x
	     for Sparc Solaris 2.4?

---------------------

  Can't locate ctime.pl in @INC at /soft/majordomo/bin/majordomo line 53
                                    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I put all of users on the /soft drive ( makes it easy to backup ) and I have
installed my limited copy of Perl as /soft/bin/perl.

Question 2:  Will I be able to keep it that way?  What kind of problems will I
             run into?  ( Yes, I think I got all of the references to the
                          !/usr/local/bin/perl changed to !/soft/bin/perl )

List manager wanna be :-)

Paul S. Bentivegna
Technology Coordinator
Licking County JVS -- Newark, Ohio -- USA
Primary E-Mail:  bentivegna@laca.ohio.gov
Secondary E-Mail: paul@jvs.laca.ohio.gov
Web:     http://www.jvs.laca.ohio.gov/
FTP:     ftp://ftp.jvs.laca.ohio.gov/
The thought and opinions above are my own.  They do not necessarily reflect
those views of my employer or its representatives.

Indexed By Date Previous: Review update of comp.mail.sendmail FAQ?