Subject: Re: mega-bounces from
From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald @ cs . ualberta . ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 19:32:22 -0600 (MDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Jeff Wasilko writes:

> I'm seeing all list subscribes that have accounts on
> bouncing back as 'user unknown'.
> Did all of my subscribers forget to pay their bills, or is netcom
> having problems?
> Anyone else seeing this?

Yeah, I got a bunch of these today, too (for 13 people from
on one list, and a few more on other lists.)

I just telnetted to's SMTP port and tried to VRFY some of
these people, and it seems to be working again. (no more "user unknown"s.)

Gerald Oskoboiny  <>

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: mega-bounces from