Subject: Re: mega-bounces from ix.netcom.com?
From: Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald @ cs . ualberta . ca>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 19:32:22 -0600 (MDT)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Jeff Wasilko writes:

> I'm seeing all list subscribes that have accounts on
> ix.netcom.com bouncing back as 'user unknown'.
>
> Did all of my subscribers forget to pay their bills, or is netcom
> having problems?
>
> Anyone else seeing this?

Yeah, I got a bunch of these today, too (for 13 people from ix.netcom.com
on one list, and a few more on other lists.)

I just telnetted to ix.netcom.com's SMTP port and tried to VRFY some of
these people, and it seems to be working again. (no more "user unknown"s.)

Gerald
--
Gerald Oskoboiny  <gerald@cs.ualberta.ca>  http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/~gerald/