Subject: Re: Majordomo vs. SmartList
From: jeffw @ triple-i . com (Jeff Wasilko)
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 1996 21:14:49 -0700 (PDT)
To: bryanf @ samurai . com (Bryan Fullerton)
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Bryan Fullerton writes:
> Something I've wondered about - how hard would it be to make Majordomo chop
> up a list and only feed 100 or some definable number of destination
> addresses to each copy of sendmail?  One of the big problems with some
> larger lists I host (2500+ subscribers) is the amount of time to send to all
> subscribers - 25 simultaneous sendmail process with 100 destination
> addresses each would be much better for my uses than 1 sendmail process with
> 2500 addresses.  Wouldn't think it'd be all that hard, would it?  Has
> someone already experimented with this?  I'll play with it myself if no one has.

Get bulk_mailer (the location is in the faq). It does just that,
as well as sorting by domain, so all messages for a specific
domain usually end up in one envelope, meaning that you get just
one bounce back.

Jeff

--
Jeff Wasilko, Systems Representative       Autologic Information International
Pager: +1 800 759 8888 pin 507-9658