Subject: how to clean up after spam?
From: Rachel Willmer <rachel @ intertrader . com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 96 09:21 BST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I've just discovered that someone for whom I had set up a mail alias
under one of my domains has been using it to send out spam to a large
number of mailing lists. The mail alias was used to forward mail from
this domain to his local ISP mail name.

I've told him spam is not acceptable, of course, and removed the mail
alias, but is there anything else I need to do?

I don't know whether this guy has done enough that someone would go to
the trouble of mail bombing him, but if he has, is there anything I
can do to prepare for it?

Thanks for any suggestions
Rachel

--
Intertrader Ltd - Internet Services for Business
Internet Services: Web Design, Online Databases, Online Commerce, etc.

	Subscribe to UK Internet Professionals Discussion List
	   send a message to uk-net-request@intertrader.com
		containing the text "subscribe uk-net"

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: mega-bounces from ix.netcom.com?