Subject: Re: About the magazine spam
From: "Brad Knowles" <brad @ azathoth . ops . aol . com>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 1996 21:12:11 -0400
To: Dave Sill <de5 @ sws5 . ctd . ornl . gov>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Apr 12,  7:51pm, Dave Sill wrote:

> >Personally, I'd rather make minor sendmail.cf rewrite rule changes and
> >support those with rare C source-level changes.
>
> I'd rather use built-in capabilities than have to craft my own.

    This gets down to a bit of a religious issue, which is why I let
this subject drop on comp.mail.sendmail.

    However, I submit that it is better to use an external language
(where the modifications are made to a configuration file) to a
general program than making direct source-code level modifications or
depending on someone else to make direct source-code level
modifications, especially since most modern OSes don't ship compilers
anymore.

--
Brad Knowles                           MIME/PGP: BKnowles@aol.net
    Mail Systems Administrator        <http://www.his.com/~brad/>