Subject: Re: b) NEW Bulk Email Program WOW's The INTERNET!! FREE OFFER
From: Jack Hamilton <jfh @ acm . org>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 1996 15:58:10 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

At 12:54 AM 4/17/96 +0130, BEST BULK EMAIL PROGRAM wrote:

>- SEARCHES AND FINDS EMAIL ADDRESSES
>- SORTS AND REMOVES DUPLICATE ADDRESSES
>- PINGS EMAIL LIST TO VERIFY ACCOUNTS ARE ACTIVE THEN
>   AUTOMATICALLY REMOVES NON DELIVERABLES

I wonder...

What is it searching for email addresses?

Will I be safe because I use a mail forwarding address?  The userid you see,
jfh@acm.org, doesn't really exist.  Do they really mean "finger" instead of
ping?  If so, I'd think that just fingering thousands of users would use a
significant amount of network resources.

Jack Hamilton  jfh@acm.org

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Security problems with bulk_mailer?