Subject: Policy Comments Redux
From: "Matthew N. Kleiman" <mkleiman @ interaccess . com>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 23:49:53 -0500
To: List-Managers @ greatcircle . com

Hi folks -

As the original poster, I want to thank all for their thoughts on these
issues.  Interesting how the responses ran the gamit from immediate ban to
never ban.  Most, it seemed, recommended the course of action I ultimately
chose: stern lashing, no ban, explanation to the group to calm concerns.

I still have doubts about the propriety of taking action when the offending
conduct occurs off list.  I know its *my* list and I could ban my own mother
if I wanted to, but that doesn't necessarily make it right...Still pondering
this one.

- Matt

Matthew N. Kleiman  * Chicago * Illinois *  mailto:mkleiman@interaccess.com
PGP C77BF1D5 * 1996/04/10 * C3 97 80 69 5F 6F 97 A3 91 E8 56 1A 0D 87 FB 36
Administrator * Bernese Mountain Dog Mailing List * berner-l@prairienet.org
Author * Berner Home Page * http://www.prairienet.org/~mkleiman/berner.html

Indexed By Date Previous: How to get off a list...