Subject: Commercial Posts - What To Do?
From: Jack Schnapper <jjflash @ pobox . com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 00:32:26 -0400
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

I run 2 small lists (both under majordomo).  Recently my lists have been
getting advertisements (usually fairly large messages - @13k) from
non-members soliciting magazine subscriptions.  These always (I am pretty
sure) come from AOL addresses that are deleted after the messages are sent.

My host site is POBOX and I don't have access to the server.  Therefore, I
don't believe that I can make the lists closed to postings by non-members.

Does anyone have any ideas for me?  My listmembers are getting irritated.

Thanks,
Jack

Jack Schnapper * jjflash@pobox.com  *  http://www.pobox.com/~jjflash
   "Live now.  Make now always the most precious time.
         Now will never come again."
                   - Captain Jean-Luc Picard, U.S.S. Enterprise

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Our latest spammer