Subject: Re: Commercial Posts - What To Do?
From: Jack Hamilton <jfh @ acm . org>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 1996 19:21:10 -0700
To: Jack Schnapper <jjflash @ pobox . com>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 12:32 AM 4/28/96 -0400, Jack Schnapper wrote:
>I run 2 small lists (both under majordomo).  Recently my lists have been
>getting advertisements (usually fairly large messages - @13k) from
>non-members soliciting magazine subscriptions.  These always (I am pretty
>sure) come from AOL addresses that are deleted after the messages are sent.
>
>My host site is POBOX and I don't have access to the server.  Therefore, I
>don't believe that I can make the lists closed to postings by non-members.

It takes some negotiation with customer service, but it can be done -
you just can't do it yourself.

Jack Hamilton  jfh@acm.org

Indexed By Date Previous: Re[2]: A heads-up on a potential spammer
From: brian@ilinx.ilinx.com (Brian J. Murrell)
Next: Re: Commercial Posts - What To Do?
Indexed By Thread Previous: Commercial Posts - What To Do?
Next: Re: Commercial Posts - What To Do?
From: "Lisa Gerson" <lgerson@mcs.net>