Subject: Re: Bad subscriber:
From: srb @ cuci . nl (Stephen R. van den Berg)
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 1996 20:20:45 +0200
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

"Eric J. Hansen" <> wrote:
>BTW, I'm using SmartList with subscriber-only posting.  A nice (but tricky?)
>enhancement would be to enforce a "probation period" whereby new subscribers
>must wait X days before being put on the "accept" list.  This would work well
>with the default 4 email-bouces that SmartList allows before auto-unsubscribing
>an address.  Stephen? =)

Though feasible, such an enhancement would not work out well in practice,
I think.  The better solution would be what some listservs already do,
i.e. require a reply from the applicant with a certain keyvalue in
the reply, before putting him/her on the list.  And this is probably
what SmartList will be supporting (after I'm done with my exams :-).
           Stephen R. van den Berg (AKA BuGless).

"Well, if we're going to make a party of it, let's nibble Nobby's nuts!"

Indexed By Date Previous: Commerical posts to Lists?