Subject: Magazine Spams Stopped!!
From: jcanterbury @ us . ibm . com
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 1996 08:26:34 EDT
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Jack Schnapper <jjflash@pobox.com> wrote:

>I changed the "restrict_post" option to exclude all non-members and chan
>the "max_size" to 7k.  Yesterday the max_size trapped another magazine s
>on both of my lists (twice on one??).  Having both of these options chan
>has given me the solution of not only keeping the spams away, but also
>stopping anyone who has inadvertantly quoted an entire digest.

Hi,

I just joined this list recently and probably missed the beginning of
this conversation.  Can someone recap briefly how to set up the
Majordomo restrict-post option, especially if I want to give posting
permission to two sets of individuals: list members and non-members who
have been "approved" for posting?

Our list's wrinkle is that it is gated to a newsgroup, and we want to
allow newsgroup posts by "approved" persons to flow through to the
mailing list, while stopping the spams.

Thanks,

Jerry Canterbury, Buckeye Consulting
Internet: jcanterbury@us.ibm.com or jcanterb@worldweb.net
** It's a gaggle of geese and a pride of lions.  But did you **
** know? It's an unkindness of ravens and a murder of crows. **

Indexed By Date Previous: Magazine Spams Stopped!!