Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1996)

Subject: Re: Holiday messages
From: Merrill Cook <mcook @ ecunet . org>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 1996 07:55:08 -0400 (EDT)
To: Al Gilman <asgilman @ access . digex . net>
Cc: mcook @ ecunet . org, RAF @ cu . nih . gov, list-managers @ greatcircle . com

>From Al Gilman:
>
> Actually, what you are talking about is a vacation plug-in for
> GroupWise implemeted in extension language compatible with
> GroupWise.  That is a good idea.  The generic type of what you
> want to create is "installation kit" not "text file."  Ask the
> slickest GroupWise user you know what would be the right way to
> package up such a kit.

Wonderful idea.

I can put together a step-by-step instruction sheet on how to implement
GW's rules to do a decent vacation rule.  I am not competent (at least
with my current load of projects) to come up with an idiot-proofed
installation kit add-on.  I'd be willing to work on the
design with someone... Maybe the GW API could be useful.
--
  Regards,

  Merrill Cook
  Louisville KY