Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 1996)

From: alancz @ ix . netcom . com (Alan Czarnek)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 18:54:38 -0700
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Todd Day said

>I agree with the notion that list discussion should be considered a
>group-ware project, not owned by the individual.  Conversation and
>dialog require more than one party.

------

OK Todd,

Suppose you are particpating in a particularly profound group
discussion and one member takes the posts from the group, including
your verbatim messages, and publishes them in book form. The book
becomes a best seller and the person who took all your work makes
millions, and you get nothing.

That might be OK with you, but if that happened to me, I would be
steamed.  As far as I am concerned, that would be theft, and that is
why we have copyright laws.

Alan Cz

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: User wants to be removed from list archives