Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 1996)

From: ozablock @ club-internet . fr (Olivier Zablocki)
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 17:44:04 +0200 (MET DST)
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Alan Czarnek said

>The book becomes a best seller and the person who took all your work makes
>millions, and you get nothing.

and Todd Day answered:

>That would fly in the face of a true group-ware project.

If it's possible to follow on that way : I think that we should consider
and be able to defend the position that there is only one owner of thoses
works. I mean the list itself or more precisely the co-operative of the
suscribers. More often the problem is that this co-operative, (this mutual
brain) has no legal existence or representation and it's difficult to send
the millions back to a legal ghost!

Think that there is always someone (the list) missing at the negociation on
those copyright subjects.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: PP and LISTSERV