Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(August 1996)

Subject: PAML mail
From: arielle @ taronga . com (Stephanie da Silva)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 03:22:09 -0500 (CDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

> Guys,

Guys?

> I can assure you that this has nothing to do with spamming. We're just trying
> to gather email addresses for a perfectly legitimate reason.

Then why are you using the acronym "PAML", which is already associated
with the existing "Publicly Accessible Mailing Lists" document?

> If we caused you any hassle, please accept our apologies... but, if you don't
> want to get any requests for lists, why do you run a listserver?

Well, gee Officer, the door was unlocked and the keys were in the ignition....

*sigh*

>From past experience of list abuse, the act of accessing many mailing lists
with no intention of joining any of them is widely interpreted as a hostile
gesture.

The mailing list servers were not put there for your convenience or purpose,
whatever that may be (which you have yet to reveal).

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: PAML mail
From: "Michael C. Berch" <mcb@postmodern.com>
Next: Here's some more info for you.. (fwd) (PAML abuse)
From: jeffw@smoe.org (Jeff Wasilko)
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: PAML mail
From: "Michael C. Berch" <mcb@postmodern.com>
Next: Re: PAML mail
From: Michael Nolan <nolan@tssi.com>