Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1996)

Subject: Boycott Internet Spam!
From: scott @ zorch . sf-bay . org (Scott Hazen Mueller)
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 1996 04:34:52 GMT
To: unlisted-recipients:; (no To-header on input)
Apparently-to: list-managers @ greatcircle . com
Newsgroups: zorch.lists.list-managers

>On this I heartily concur, and although anti-spam policies in general IMHO
>should continue to be a subject of discussion on this list, queries about
>possible spam attacks or notifications of the same probably belong elsewhere,
>as do other specialized topics.

I had talked to Michael Berch about his sending this notice, but he seems to
be tied up elsewhere.

About a year and a half ago, I started the spam@zorch.sf-bay.org discussion
list to siphon traffic from the Usenet Moderators' list.  I later invited
folks from here (list-managers) and acquired subscribers from a few other
sources.

Starting earlier this month, we on the spam@zorch list have been gearing up
to launch a boycott on Internet spam.  The Web site for the boycott is in
an external review phase now - we are announcing the site in a few select
fora such as this one.

The review version of the site is at <URL:http://www.sf-bay.org/spam/>.  The
real version will be elsewhere, so please do not distribute the URL.  If you
are interested in stopping spam, please come by the site.  Then, do the folks
here on list-managers a small favor and join the discussion list at zorch.

Thanks!

--
Scott Hazen Mueller scott@zorch.SF-Bay.ORG or tandem!zorch!scott