Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1996)

Subject: re: Lyris
From: "John Buckman" <jbuckman @ shelby . com>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 1996 16:21:14 +7
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM
Comments: Authenticated sender is <jbuckman@synergy>

I thought I'd report back on some changes we're going to make to
Lyris as a result of the feedback from this list.

We've decided that in the next version of Lyris, the contents of the
To: header in outgoing mail will be user-configurable.  You'll have
the option of not rewriting it, having the To: be the recipient's
address, rewriting the To: to be the mailing list address, or
putting user-defined text in the To: header

Also, though many list servers use a Reply-To header which points
back to the list, some people feel very strongly that this is a bad
thing.  So, we will make Reply-To: a list-configurable setting in the
next Lyris version.

jb

john@shelby.com, Shelby Group Ltd., http://www.shelby.com/

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Re[4]: Lyris