Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1996)

Subject: repeat mail
From: jsnyder @ bga . com (John R. Snyder)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 08:06:32 -0600
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Here's a message from a friend of mine in the UK who's experiencing a
problem with two lists he and I are on.  (I'm not the listowner of these
lists, but I'm interested in helping him and also learning what's behind
this problem in case it ever happens on my AngFran-L list.)  Apparently he
is the only person experiencing this problem - at least no one else has
reported it.

>On Saturday morning I went to check my email; for some reason I have got
>4,328 pieces of email waiting to be read!!!!!!!!!
>
>On checking who they are from and what they are all about I find that they
>are all [from two lists he and I belong to].
>
>They represent all the email I have received from both lists since last
>July!!!!!!!!
>
>HELP!!!!!!!
>
>I have not asked for this to happen to me. Can someone out there help me.
>My service provider seems to think the best way is to close accounts and
>open a new one. This is a big BIND, it costs money and I don't want to have
>to do this.

Thanks for your suggestions.

John Snyder
AngFran-L
Round Rock, TX
jsnyder@pobox.com

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Large Mailing Lists