Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1996)

Subject: repeat mail
From: Donald Loughlin <donl @ smcs . com>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 11:52:27 -0500 (EST)
To: jsnyder @ bga . com
Cc: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

on: Sun, 8 Dec 1996 08:06:32 -0600
John R. Snyder wrote

>>On Saturday morning I went to check my email; for some reason I have got
>>4,328 pieces of email waiting to be read!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>On checking who they are from and what they are all about I find that they
>>are all [from two lists he and I belong to].
>>
>>They represent all the email I have received from both lists since last
>>July!!!!!!!!

Depending on the mail viewer being used, you may not be fully deleting read
mail.  ie: in SCO Mail, putting mail in the "trash" only marks it for
deletion.  At some
point you must "empty the trash".  If the machine is rebooted before
permentaly discarding the old messages, they will all reappear.  I could
imagine a simular problem at your ISP.

This is only one posibility,  Happy Hunting.

Don
Donald Loughlin  donl@smcs.com             SSSS  M   M  CCCC  SSSS
Super Micro Computer Systems              S     MM MM  C     S
6 Essex Drive                            SSSS  M M M  C     SSSS
Hauppauge  NY  11788                       S  M   M  C        S
+1-516-582-3404  FAX +1-516-234-6943   SSSS  M   M  CCCC  SSSS

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Bogus sub attempts