Subject: Re: JUNO problems
From: Bonnie Scott <bonnie @ staff . prodigy . com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 13:59:13 -0500 (EST)
To: tcbowden @ nerdnosh . org (Tim Bowden)
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Just FYI, there is a list where you can discuss Juno to your heart's content:

juno_accmail-digest@world.std.com

I believe it's a majordomo list; there is also of course a non-digest version,
but it's a pretty active list.

Chuq's note has already been posted there, no real backlash yet, but a
bit of disappointment (is how I'd characterize the reaction).  I think the
list has either some Juno employees on it or else people who know their
addresses.  It's mainly their users, though, discussing everything from
the message size restrictions, loss of the 800 number, and bugs.

About the limit:
We keep our digests shorter for both our Juno subscribers (about 2.5% of
our subscribers) and also Prodigy Classic members, who can receive larger
messages, but after about 31K, the messages get converted into awkward
"attachments" that must be downloaded. (If they use EMC, things are simplified,
and the serious e-mailers do.)  This does result in about four digests a day for
our more active lists.  I hope that will eventually regulate their volume and
increase the signal-to-noise ratio for those over-active lists (maybe five
out of our 150 lists).

Bonnie Scott
Prodigy, Inc.