Subject: Re: Name server: mail.geocities.com.: host not found
From: "Alan S. Harrell" <ashandrr @ tgn . net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 01:01:44 -0600
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 03:36 AM 3/11/97 -0500, Thom wrote:

>Is anybody else having trouble with geocities.com?
>
>They have been bouncing everything... Is it just me/
>

>Host unknown (Name server: mail.geocities.com.: host not found)

 If you have subscribers with the address of
 "subscriber@mail.geocities.com" bouncing on you, or any other
 geocities host name, change their subscription address to
 "subscriber@geocities.com"

 This was happening to a list owner for a mailing list I used
 to distribute and when we dropped the host portion, the bounces
 ceased.

Alan
ASHandRR@TGN.net

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Clueless spam artist of the week...