Subject: Re: Digest sizes
From: Tim Bowden <tcbowden @ clovis . nerdnosh . org>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 97 21:36:36 PST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Michelle Dick <artemis@rahul.net> writes:

> Alan wrote:

> >  There are many Internet and Online users in this world that do
> >  not have a plethora of choices for Internet access.

> And there are people who do not have the capacity to be on the
> internet at all.  I assume you are careful not to punish them for this
> and offer to mail (for free) a paper copy of your list to anyone that
> asks for it.  Afterall, millions of people do not have internet
> access, it is they who have clout, not you.

I love this Pity-The-Poor-Innocents line.  It reminds me of the
old Monty Python bit, the Four Yorkshiremen.

Once Naomi Wolf was confronted by an ardent crazed egalitarian during
a booksigning and speech thusly:  `Why do you write books?
Don't you know there are women who can't read?' She Had The Clout,
you see.

The reply:  Why do you talk to me?  Don't you know there are women
who are deaf?

mailto:tcbowden@clovis.nerdnosh.org (Tim Bowden)
"We are writers seeking readers seeking stories..."
mailto:majordomo@story.nerdnosh org
the command:  subscribe nerdnosh