Subject: Re: Suggestion for MLM Developers
From: satin @ vulcan . usafa . af . mil (Satin Zeine-Johnson)
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 1997 08:45:09 -0600
To: crawford @ mcs . com
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

> At 02:37 PM 4/22/97 -0400, Vince Sabio wrote:
>
> >On one of the discussion lists that I recently inherited, someone contacted
> >me to ask whether it was possible to subscribe to DIGEST mode *immediately*
> >upon subscribing to the list (note that the list is on a ListServ, and
> >is configured for subscription confirmations).

If you have them send their mail to:

	list-name-digest-request@yourdomain.org (or whatever)

they will subscribe directly to the list.  For example, I have a military literature discussion list here at the Academy.  I have two different config files - one is military-lit-digest.config and one is military-lit.config.  Duplicate files for everything, with just the -digest added.  Has its own directory under digests, etc.  That way, users can subscribe to this list by sending mail to:

	military-lit-request@usafa.af.mil

or to the digest by sending mail to

	military-lit-digest-request@usafa.af.mil

or to either one by sending mail to majordomo@usafa.af.mil

with

	subscribe military-lit-digest doejj.dfeng@usafa.af.mil

Hope that helps!

Satin Zeine-Johnson, GS-12, DAF
USAFA Internet Services Administator/Postmaster
10th ComSq/SCBNI, US Air Force Academy
http://www.usafa.af.mil/
O-   Dea Reticula

Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.
	-- Joseph Campbell

"This content in no way reflects the opinions, standards, or policy of the United States Air Force Academy or the United States government."

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Suggestion for MLM Developers