Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(May 1997)

Subject: Re: X-Persona header?
From: Dave Bigham <dbigham @ cantec . com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 21:49:33 -0400
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Personally, I'm VERY leary of any header for identification purposes.
Virtually anything can be spoofed.  The only things I put any stock into at
all is contact info for sales in the body and the Received From: header
immediately prior to my system.

Dave Bigham

At 10:29 PM 5/26/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Someone forwarded to me a particularly slimy piece of spam, 15kb in
>length, that did not have a From: or Reply-to: header, but did an
>the received from: headers.  Anyone else have experience with this? The
>person who sent it to me claimed to have received it 25 separate times in
>the last 24-36 hours.
>
>Bill Fant

Indexed By Date Previous: Spammer Subscribes to List