Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(June 1997)

Subject: problem at receiving end
From: awest @ webster . m-w . com (Amy West)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 97 10:23:28 EDT
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Has anyone else had this problem:

my listserver sends the mail out with to-line addressed to the mailing list
("mailing-list@whatever.com").

a sys admin has complained to me that this causes his system problems on
his end because he can't figure out who the intended recipient is unless
there's an X-header indicating that.

i have to admit that i'm not too sure what is causing the problem.
has anyone else dealt with a situation like this, and how?

---Amy West
Mail Admin

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Yet another cryptic AOL bounce...