Subject: Re: Funny AOL Address
From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui @ plaidworks . com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 20:37:16 -0700
To: "Mark E. Taylor" <themet @ mindspring . com>, Ken Parker <admin @ kparker . nai . net>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 6:50 PM -0700 6/24/97, Mark E. Taylor wrote:

>The numbers of fake subscribe attempts has risen dramatically and is
>causing me to rethink the wisdom of web page signups.

Yup. I've decided to go back to a mailto, or something similar. not
necessarily becuase of spam -- it's a factor, but subscription confirms
will take care of that, too -- but because too many folks *can't type
an email address in correctly* and web clients won't let me
authenticate from their configuration. I'm at least going on the
assumption that SOMEONE configured their mail client correctly for
them, and do away with all of those @#$@#$@!#! typos.

chuq
chuq.plaidworks&com.

--
         Chuq Von Rospach (chuq@apple.com) Apple IS&T Mail List Gnome
                       <http://www.solutions.apple.com/>

 Plaidworks Consulting (chuqui@plaidworks.com) <http://www.plaidworks.com/>
   (<http://www.plaidworks.com/hockey/> +-+ The home for Hockey on the net)

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Funny AOL Address