Subject: Re: Servers banned from Superb.Net network
From: "Brian J. Murrell" <brian @ ilinx . com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 09:50:27 -0700
To: <list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM>, <dsam @ wasatch . com>

W. David Samuelsen:
>The following had been banned/restricted from using the Superb.net
>servers for relaying:
>
>gosnet.com
>  iemmc.org
>  agis.net
>  nancynet.com
>  xsend.com

David, you are going about this bass-ackwards.  You should have a list
of servers allowed to relay mail through your servers, none else should
be allowed.  You will never keep up otherwise.  Too much of the spamming
fight nowadays is after the fact, when, of course we all know it is too
late.  The damage is done, and the spammer is already bounced.  His spam
made it out there though.

Preventing mail relaying is something we can do that is prevenative.  We
should be doing it!

b.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Subscription Problems