From: "Adam \"Myth\" Parrish" <myth @ inquo . net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 11:47:58 -0600 (MDT)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

	Greetings!  My name is Adam Parrish.  I've been a mailing list
enthusiast for a long while.  Currently I'm taking a technical writing
class here at Weber State University, and in this class the instructor
requires each student to write a paper on an electronic discussion group
that relates to their desired field.  I have chosen to write a report
to help the students along in finding and participating in mailing lists.

	If you would, please consider the following questions:

	- What are the most common problems that first-time mailing list
subscribers have when trying to get on a list?  How can these be avoided?
	- How long should a first-time subscriber observe a list before
trying to participate in discussion?  What is the best way to present
yourself to a mailing list when trying to get specific answers?
	- Are there any problems that people have unsubscribing from
your mailing lists?  How can these be avoided?
	- What, in your opinion, are the major advantages of mailing
lists over other collaborative electronic media, i.e., newsgroups,
web-boards, etc.?

	I'm sure you've discussed issues like this before on this mailing
list, but I'm hoping to spark a little discussion. :)  If you have any
more information regarding mailing lists and mailing list technology that
you would like to share, please contact me.

Thanks for your help,
Adam Parrish
 . ---- --- -- -  -   -    -
| http://www.inquo.net/~myth   =   myth@inquo.net
: Bad command or filename. You have 2 wishes left.

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: Web Page Signups
From: "Merrill Cook" <mcook@pcusa01.ecunet.org>
Next: Re: Questions about mailing lists
From: "HTTP://WWW.CBMWORLD.COM/" <CBMWORLD@TCD.NET>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Wanted: ISPs with Industrial Strength List Software
From: Eric Targan <eric@groceries-online.com>
Next: Re: Questions about mailing lists
From: "HTTP://WWW.CBMWORLD.COM/" <CBMWORLD@TCD.NET>