Subject: Re: List Being Used to Create Spam List
From: dattier @ wwa . com (David W. Tamkin)
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 1997 13:52:25 -0500 (CDT)
To: chuqui @ plaidworks . com (Chuq Von Rospach)
Cc: lbm @ ici . net, List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Chuq von Rospach suggested to Linda Merims,

| Now, if the charter doesn't support you:

[a procedure that doesn't include booting the offender unless she does it
 again]

I disagree.  According to Linda, the offender has told her, "What are you
going to do, sue me?"  That comment means, as I read it, "Yes, what I did
is wrong, but it is to my potential advantage, so I did it anyway, and you
can't stop me, so I'll continue."

Even if there is nothing yet in the charter forbidding culling addresses
for commercial advertising (or even if there is no charter at all) and her
mailings to members are not grounds for removal, her statement that she will
do as she pleases no matter how it harms the list or the list members is an
avowed refusal to act as a part of the community, and I say that *that* is
grounds for removal from the list.