Subject: Re: MS Exchange appends html. How do I stop it?
From: Fred Terry <pfterry @ altagroup . com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 08:53:46 -0500
To: Malcolm Jackson <cczmjj @ unix . ccc . nottingham . ac . uk>, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 10:45 AM +0100 7/15/97, Malcolm Jackson wrote:
>   This might not make a fat-lot-of-sense. Oh well.
>
>    There are 2 subscribers whos mailers append a html version of their mail
> to the end of their message. It looks like their Microsoft Exchange server
> thing is the culprit, but the subscribers dont seem to be able to prevent
>the
> message being doctored in this way.
>
>   Do we stop the MS Exchange Server appending the html or what? My digests
> are big enough as it is without all this crap added to them as well.

Mal,

I'm not positive about this, but I thought it was in the client. I've mostly
had trouble with Cyberdog users on my lists. That client does a similar thing
and it's an option that the user turns off. See if you can get the users
to look a little more closely in those God-forsaken MS dialog boxes.

pf

Fred Terry, Sr. Technical Editor                    Alta Group
pfterry@altagroup.com          http://members.aol.com/pfterry/
913.838.0115		   http://anasazi.cadence.com/~pfterry
If it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features yet.