Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1997)

Subject: Re: AOL upgrade - B.S.
From: "Todd O." <2bits @ wco . com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 21:09:40 -0700
To: cnorman @ best . com
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 04:28 PM 9/30/97 -0700, Cyndi Norman wrote:
>For the really bad stuff, like your death threat, don't write abuse or
>postmaster, write David O'Donnell (and his staff) at and
>will make sure your complaint is followed up on.  I have *always* been

I have gotten the sense that contacting David O'Donnel is about the only
way to get AOL to respond to valid complaints from internet users.  I have
had several experiences where mail to gets nothing more than
an automated reply, but contacting O'Donnel (or other emergency abuse
staff) gets quick and appropriate results.  I have chronicled one such
episode on the web at
The story includes a phone number to reach O'Donnel and crew, which may
come in handy for other list-managers.

Todd Ourston
 Todd Ourston  *  *  Marin County, California

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: AOL upgrade