Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(September 1997)

Subject: Re: AOL upgrade - B.S.
From: Kynn Bartlett <kynn @ idyllmtn . com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 1997 21:34:28 -0700
To: "Todd O." <2bits @ wco . com>
Cc: cnorman @ best . com, list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 09:09 p.m. 09/30/97 -0700, Todd O. wrote:
>I have gotten the sense that contacting David O'Donnel is about the only
>way to get AOL to respond to valid complaints from internet users.  I have
>had several experiences where mail to abuse@aol.net gets nothing more than
>an automated reply, but contacting O'Donnel (or other emergency abuse
>staff) gets quick and appropriate results.  I have chronicled one such
>episode on the web at [...]

Huh.  I'd think that such things would be annoying and distract
Mr. O'Donnell from his work, instead of helping.  Much the same way
as I'd be annoyed if someone started writing to my personal email
address or telephoning me, instead of writing to my majordomo's
majordomo@Mlists.com address or the owner-<listname> address.

Maybe I'm just weird like that.  If David has specifically said to
contact him directly instead of writing to abuse@aol.com, then hey,
it's his choice.  (If he hasn't, though, you're probably out of
line in suggesting that as the best way to resolve your problems.)

--
  /\      /\  /\      /\          Kynn Bartlett / kynn@idyllmtn.com
 /  \    /  \/  \    /  \              Idyll Mountain Internet