Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1997)

Subject: Netcom's broken mail host
From: Jonathan Bradshaw <jonathan @ NrgUp . Com>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 07:43:27 -0500
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

I am getting rather annoyed. For at least a couple of weeks, I am seeing that
Netcom's server is spitting this back at me:

Connected to 192.100.81.142 but sender was rejected./Remote host said: 451 <AIP-request@NrgUp.Com>... Domain must resolve

142.81.100.192.IN-ADDR.ARPA domain name pointer mail6.netcom.com

Ok, so, out of the 2,000+ deliveries yesterday that were made, only Netcom
can't figure out how to do DNS properly. No other hosts are complaining. I've
checked my primary and secondary DNS hosts, they are fine.

I've sent mail to them, and got NO RESPONSE.

Anyone else having problems with them?

--
 Jonathan Bradshaw (Jonathan@NrgUp.Com) | Novell 4.x CNE | Ham Call N9OXE
 1024 PGP Key fingerprint EA 16 1B 5D 5D 94 6B 06 58 FD E6 E9 52 F3 6E 11

Follow-Ups:
Indexed By Date Previous: Re: verification II (was: Re: sunyjefferson.edu)