Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1997)

Subject: Re: sunyjefferson.edu
From: Russ Allbery <rra @ stanford . edu>
Date: 28 Oct 1997 00:33:30 -0800
To: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Ronald F Guilmette <rfg@monkeys.com> writes:

> Maybe what we need is some sort of big warning lable on the side of
> Majordomo, Listserv, and all other mailing list packages saying
> ``WARNING: Improper configuration and use of this software can cause
> serious harm to your fellow netizens!  Proceed with caution!''

Yes.  We do.  Seriously.

It should be *difficult* in a list management program to set up a list
with open subscription.  Difficult and covered in a lot of warnings.

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>

From: Chuq Von Rospach <chuqui@plaidworks.com>
Next: Re: sunyjefferson.edu
From: Mike Nolan <nolan@celery.tssi.com>
Indexed By Thread Previous: Re: sunyjefferson.edu