Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1997)

From: "Todd O." <2bits @ wco . com>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 1997 15:28:27 -0800
To: Brian Behlendorf <brian @ hyperreal . org>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

At 02:59 PM 10/29/97 -0800, Brian Behlendorf wrote:
>Seriously, Todd.  You're in the bay area.  You have a plethora of ISP's to
>choose from, most of whom will host mailing lists for a very reasonable
>fee, if not free, and many of whom will have confirmation functions in
>their mailing lists.  I consider those sites housing lists without
>confirmation to be just as recklessly dangerous to the health of the 'net
>as open SMTP relays, if not worse.  Vote with your feet and leave, or get
>wco.com to upgrade their majordomo installation.

I am also one of the founding members of VeloNet, now called cycling.org
after a legal wrangle with the kind people at "VeloNews," at no charge to
the list-owners.  The server, which hosts hundreds of related lists, is now
up in Washington.  My ISP, wco.com, does not host lists at all.

Thanks for your help,

Todd
--
 Todd Ourston  *  2bits@wco.com  *  Marin County, California