Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(October 1997)

From: Sheryl Coppenger <sheryl @ seas . gwu . edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 13:04:53 -0500 (EST)
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

> Something is wrong with this picture.
>
> If the local sysadmin is not assisting, chances are slim to none that
> the installed MTA is something other than sendmail.  Given that, you're
> not going to get incoming aliases to work without the sysadmin's
> assistance.
>
> -Mitch

Having incoming aliases isn't necessarily required, though.  To be
sure, things are prettier if you have them.  But our users have managed
to run mailing lists without them.

--

Sheryl Coppenger    SEAS Computing Facility Staff      sheryl@seas.gwu.edu
                    The George Washington University   (202) 994-6853