Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1997)

From: Tony Sanders <sanders @ bsdi . com>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 1997 13:18:22 -0700
To: List-Managers @ greatcircle . com

> From: David Shaw <dshaw@cs.jhu.edu>
> Many people here seem to be in favor of some sort of list confirmation
> system.  The thing is - what does this do to your average clueless luser?

One step in towards solving that would be to have a web based
confirmation URL so they just have to point and click:

CLICK BELOW TO CONFIRM YOUR SUBSCRIPTION TO ``inet-access'':

    http://www.earth.com/cfrm/inet-access/7UygM8kVZPu6TUcp3sgIZd0O0s5TEPC4

---- DO NOT READ PAST THIS POINT IF THE ABOVE WORKS ----

If the above isn't working email blah.blah.blah

That's what I'm currently thinking about doing for inet-access...

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: sunyjefferson.edu