Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1997)

Subject: Re: Funny "bounce" message from Italy
From: "Nathan J. Mehl" <nmehl @ leftbank . com>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 1997 23:26:46 -0500
To: bish @ azstarnet . com
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

In the immortal words of Bob & Lauren (bish@azstarnet.com):
>    The seem to have a sense of humor.  Here's an excerpt:
>
> > Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mx13.netvision.net.il.
> > I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
> > This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

Oh dear lord.  That's not an unusual bounce at all.  That's
just qmail.  Probably the 2nd or 3rd most popular freeware
unix MTA out there.

Very surprising that you haven't seen it before.

http://www.qmail.org/

-n

--
The life of a sysadmin is always intense!
Nathan J. Mehl   ---   The LeftBank Operation