Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1997)

Subject: Re: Funny "bounce" message from Italy
From: Russ Allbery <rra @ stanford . edu>
Date: 03 Nov 1997 21:17:27 -0800
To: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Bob & Lauren <bish@azstarnet.com> writes:

>    The seem to have a sense of humor.  Here's an excerpt:

>> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at mx13.netvision.net.il.  I'm
>> afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
>> addresses.  This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't
>> work out.

That's a standard qmail bounce message.  They all look like that.  :)  The
bounce format is descriped in RFCQSBMF in the qmail distribution and is
designed to be much more human-readable and friendly while retaining
machine parseability.

BTW, .il is Israel, not Italy (.it).

--
Russ Allbery (rra@stanford.edu)         <URL:http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>