Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1997)

Subject: Re: Building links to Articles in Archives on list
From: Tim Bowden <tcbowden @ clovis . nerdnosh . org>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 97 06:04:26 PST
To: list-managers @ greatcircle . com

Linda Kennedy <lindak@netxn.com> writes:

> Hello,
> I am Linda and I am new to the list manager's list.

Oh, boy, this one has troubles, all right, and linking is the least of
them.  Some background.

She came into Nerdnosh after the heavy lifting, the planning and the
implementation, had been going on for six years.  She caused a series of
odd childish uproars and then she quit in a public snit.  She then
proceeded to set up a copycat travesty of the Nosh, ripping off the
format, scheme, even the very text from the Nosh.  Not even her
marketing is original;  she leeches from my members.

Now, I have more pride and a touch more creativity than to be satisfied
with a mindless clone, and anyone with more soul than the average hyena
would agree with me.  Consequently I expect this forum to respond to
this plea with all the assistance she so richly deserves.  You offer too
much help, and she may well visit your site to see what isn't nailed
down.

The subject is ripoffs of energy and ideas, and it's relevent here, just
as is spamming and any other form of theft. I now return you to your
more worthwhile pursuits, which do not include aiding and abetting a
ripoff non-artist.

Tim Bowden

mailto:tcbowden@clovis.nerdnosh.org (Tim Bowden)
Proud member of NERDNOSH (tm)!