Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(November 1997)

Subject: Re: Building links to Articles in Archives on list
From: Linda Kennedy <lindak @ netxn . com>
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 07:55:09 -0800
To: Tim Bowden <tcbowden @ nerdnosh . org>
Cc: list-managers @ GreatCircle . COM

Tim Bowden wrote:

> Linda Kennedy <lindak@netxn.com> writes:
>
> > Hello,
> > I am Linda and I am new to the list manager's list.
>
> Oh, boy, this one has troubles, all right, and linking is the least of
> them.  Some background.
>
> She came into Nerdnosh after the heavy lifting, the planning and the
> implementation, had been going on for six years.  She caused a series of
> odd childish uproars and then she quit in a public snit.  She then
> proceeded to set up a copycat travesty of the Nosh, ripping off the
> format, scheme, even the very text from the Nosh.  Not even her
> marketing is original;  she leeches from my members.
>
> Now, I have more pride and a touch more creativity than to be satisfied
> with a mindless clone, and anyone with more soul than the average hyena
> would agree with me.  Consequently I expect this forum to respond to
> this plea with all the assistance she so richly deserves.  You offer too
> much help, and she may well visit your site to see what isn't nailed
> down.
>
> The subject is ripoffs of energy and ideas, and it's relevent here, just
> as is spamming and any other form of theft. I now return you to your
> more worthwhile pursuits, which do not include aiding and abetting a
> ripoff non-artist.
>
> Tim Bowden
>
> mailto:tcbowden@clovis.nerdnosh.org (Tim Bowden)
> Proud member of NERDNOSH (tm)!
> mailto:majordomo@story.nerdnosh org
> the command:  subscribe nerdnosh

Tim,
This is not the time nor the place. Get a grip.
You opened the door with this same kind of satire. Is this what the List
manager's list is all about (question addressed to other's)? I shall not
comment any further in this format to such rantings. Does anyone wish
address my original question?

Linda