Great Circle Associates List-Managers
(December 1997)

From: murr rhame <murr @ vnet . net>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 1997 09:34:45 -0500 (EST)
To: Gary Frederick <gary . frederick @ jsoft . com>
Cc: List-Managers @ GreatCircle . COM

On Sun, 7 Dec 1997, Gary Frederick wrote:

> The policy on this list is that anything you post, while remaining
> you property, may be reposted elsewhere.

I doubt that a listowner can give away a subscriber's copyright with a
notice like the one listed above.  Both parties must agree to the
terms of a contract for the contract to be valid.  I ask subscribers
to get permission from the original author before republishing
articles from the mailing list.  I don't know the details of law in
this area.  Contacting the author for permission to republish is
common courtesy.  Getting permission to redistribute an article is a
trivial task in most cases.

- murr -

Indexed By Date Previous: Re: mailing list instructions